Wednesday, 7 April 2010

Blogger ‘Gadgets’, and the R.S.L.’s ‘Wikipædia’ page.

‘Grrrrr,’ and stamping of bunny feet! Tried three different Twitter ‘Gadgets’, and all kept making my Blog disappear: stern messages from my bunny chums at the Seaside Hospital. However, following Bunny Auntie Penny’s excellent instructions, I have installed a gadget to display my Flickr pictures. This was disappointing. They do not scroll along the bottom of the screen as hoped, and I had to change permissions to allow them to show: thanks for the tip, Bunny Auntie Gigi. Thought I had forgotten my Flickr user-name. However, the addition of the ‘gadgets’/‘widgets’ to Blogger is pleasingly intuitive. The ‘click and drag’ to arrange is simple and easy. It’s going to be a good week after all. Perhaps I should start a ‘Daily Bodley Bunny’ gadget, for those who dislike dogs...?

Then I had to try and remember what iGoogle was all about. Logged in to my page and cleared all my news-stories as ‘Read’. Must remember to un-subscribe to all these R.S.S. feeds when this is all over. Again, the gadget instructions were easy to follow, and, apart from a hiccup in the internet link with much ‘hour-glass’ displaying, my Delicious gadget was installed. Shuffled them around to keep the Calcutta weather at top left, and deleted the ‘You Tube’ window to make space. All seems to be working so far. See picture as follows:

Bunny Uncle James has given me some figures about library usage in 2008/9, so I have added them to the Wikipedia R.S.L. page. How long will it be before some know-all living 5,000 miles away says the statistics are invalid? Again, it is all rather easy, and I look forward to a more comprehensive entry about the Bodleian and other Oxford libraries. Took a snap shot before it is changed:

Is that it...?

No comments:

Post a Comment