Monday, 8 February 2010

397th Anniversary of Sir Thomas Bodley's Passing.

It's the 29th of January, and we mourn the death of Sir Thomas, in our special ceremony, with the first 'Cream Egg' of the year. Madhuri Bunny, Keeper of the Chocolate, is Mistress of Ceremonies, Amisha Bunny bears the sacred spoon, and Shabana Bunny the chocolate whisk. Govinder Bunny has the Ceremonial Sword at the other end of the table. A fresh napkin is laid on our laps. I am sworn to secrecy about further details... It all proves too emotional for Govinder Bunny, as it does every year, so I give her a cheering bunny cuddle. Later, we all have a party with much chocolate, singing, and dancing, Sonali and Rahul Bunny on the tablas. Govinder is happy again, and shows us her moves; I keep an eye on her nifty foot-work... Naughty Manisha Bunny has over-indulged in the hot chocolate, and needs some T.L.C. to recover from the hang-over. We were all young once...

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pleased to see the bunnies show suitable respect for Sir Thomas.
    McTunnock

    ReplyDelete