Tuesday, 2 February 2010

Two web-links of interest, perhaps.

Much excitement at the Secret Bodley Bunny Base, as we cinnamon-land bunnies see p.11 of the January 2010 Blueprint : an exhibition in the Bodleian Proscholium, called Traces of India ! We will be attending en masse... http://www.open.ac.uk/Arts/south-asians-making-britain/events.htm Whilst scribbling generally, may I take the opportunity to plagerise a previous colleague's blog: "Your Life Work: The Librarian - The all time best careers video!! "I am stupendously excited to have found this one... it's a US government film from 1946 promoting the merits of librarianship as a career choice. It's truly OUTSTANDING!! "I particularly love its use of the line: "Did you get me the material on the sternocleidomastoid and the zygomatic head of the quadratus labii superioris?" (oooh, the dramatic life of the hospital librarian!). "You have to see it! It's on URL, and the link is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smrrZpbvI20 "It's 10mins long, but so completely worth it!" I agree heartily with the comment about the drama of hospital libraries...

No comments:

Post a Comment