Phew, that did not go too badly. I have managed to subscribe to six web-site R.S.S. ‘feeds’ – I had always wondered what that little orange logo was for – in different ways. I am very pleased to have ‘fed’ on Bunny Auntie Jules’s Blog from the Radcliffe Camera, despite it having no orange logo! On some sites, one clicks on the logo, on others, one has to type in the web-site, and on one (R.A.W.A.) I obtained the feed from the Google blog search, because their link was wrong. However, it was all easy to pick up, with the web-sites offering handy links to help.
I am unsure what this ‘feed’ does: I expected a telegraphic ‘ticker tape’ of the last ‘posts’, now scrolling continually somewhere on my screen. It seems that, instead, one has yet another screen (Google Reader) to read, to find one’s links. Will this turn into one’s Web-Browser’s ‘Bookmarks’: scrolling endlessly, but all soon to be neglected and forgotten, bar the top half-dozen...? I shall see.
Anyway, I have subscribed to:
1) 23 Things Oxford (of course). I hope Emma slept in this morning, as the diary entries are dated 00.40!
2) The Times of India, which displays as “Finance-Economy-News-The Economic Times”. Why?
3) The Revolutionary Association of the Women of Afghanistan. We bunnies approve of sisters’ resistance to the nasty, book-burning, Taliban...
4) Liberty. More resistors of repression and nastiness.
5) Jules@camera. Not sure what this will do, as it has no orange logo, but news from Bunny Auntie Jules, ex-colleague and bunny chum, will be good.
6) The National Library of Iran. Will this be in English or Farsi? If the latter, at least the calligraphy will be pretty.
Couldn’t find a site for Anarchist Librarians, or a general British Library Blog, but this is enough, I think. I will play with the Reader page settings later.
p.s. I have tried saving this draft as a txt file, to stop it using previous formatting when pasting to a diary entry. I hope this cures last week’s problem.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Dont' worry, I got at least 6 more hours sleep than my blog posts would suggest - investigate your editing options further and you'll find a genius little tool which allows you to schedule posts to auto-publish.
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you're getting on well with this week's tasks.
Konnie سلام
ReplyDeleteIn regards to reading your RSS feeds. You can have a window open up in your iGoogle webpage in which the latest RSS shows up. How to: go to your Google Reader page and at the top right corner click on Settings and select the "Reader settings". In Settings click on the Goodies tab and the first option is adding reader to iGoogle. All you need to do is click on the colourful Google button to the right; however, you will need to have enough space on your iGoogle page for the new window. From the drop-down menu at the top of your new Google Reader window you can select which of your RSS feeds you want to peruse for the latest feeds.
Thanks Bunny Auntie Gigi. All worked fine. The 'Event of To-day' had to go, but it seemed a small sacrifice.
ReplyDelete