Well this all seemed rather easy, so I probably did something wrong. I thought ‘Pod Casts’ were the same as ‘Listen Again’, so I have learned something. Went straight to Radio 4, and received a copy of the latest ‘In our Time’ about the 1857 Indian Sepoy Mutiny/ War of Independence. It is now an icon on my ‘Desk Top’, and ‘down loaded’ very quickly, I am pleased to say. Despite my better judgment, I signed up to ‘From Our Own Correspondent’ on the R.S.S. Google Reader feed. Now I have even more items to wade through.
Despite assurances, I could not find a programme about Ranganathan or Colon Classification for Govinder Bunny on Podcast Alley, or Podcast.com. Searches for “bunnies” yielded results that made me fear for the human race, so I tried the University’s page of Pod Casts. Clicking on the option to “Show full details of all media items” was useful. ‘Introduction to Old English’ from the English Faculty, the Centres for Hindu Studies, and Medical Innovation, all look interesting. Sadly, the lectures are also rather long! Think I shall save them for a rainy day.
Wow, ‘You Tube’ is brilliant!! Found a copy of Maar Dala, my fav. from the 2002 Devdas !!! I used the official Indian filmi company, Eros Entertainment’s, site so hope it was legal (I am scared of Govinder Bunny!). Found how to adjust the volume on the screen, fill the screen, and it keeps the wide-screen letter-boxing. This is too exciting...
Searched the ‘Education’ Channel, and saw some short amateur films from the Open University web-site of the construction of the M1 in 1959. Not being an admirer of cars and roads — preferring fresh air and open fields for gambolling and burrowing — I watched a couple of other Bolly songs to cheer myself up, but then made the mistake of looking for Tujhe Yaad... Couldn’t find it on the Eros site, but saw a good-quality (legal?) screening, and promptly burst into tears. Think I should treat this web-site with caution. Must go and dry my soggy fur, and wipe my bunny nose now. Can I have a cuddle, please?

Glad you've cheered up, still there's nothing like a good cry to set you up for the day, just ask Uncle Neil.
ReplyDeleteMcTunnock
Oh you're so right on Tujhe Yaad! The Monsoon rain also encouraged the tears. Men! They are so blind to the love staring them in the face.
ReplyDeleteThe film seemed more real than most Bollywood films, for instance the dance scene in the Monsoon rain was done by women of varied size and ages. A congregation of sisters agreeing that love hurts. Does the poor girl receive the love she deserves?
So glad you found a pooter with sound, Bunny Auntie Gigi! You'll have to watch (endure?) the film to find out (available at Oxford Central Public Library!). Keep a box of tissues handy...
ReplyDelete